Friday 4 July 2014

Fruit overload imminent!

All I can say is - if I have to top and tail another gooseberry, or de-string another redcurrant, I will have the screaming abdabs and have to be carted off in an excessively tight jacket!!!

So far today, I have prepped and frozen:  6 lbs of redcurrants (!)
                                                               5 lbs of gooseberries
                                                               2 lbs of raspberries (to add to the 4 full freezer bags already in there, never mind the quantities of lovely warm fresh ones that got eaten almost straight after picking with lots of cream (and the occasional peach)...

The plan is to prep and freeze them now, and then defrost and process them (jam, jelly, cordial, whatever I can think of) at my leisure.  To save my sanity.  Because just picking and prepping them all at the moment is taking me the best part of 2 hours a day...

There's definitely a case forming for reducing the number of redcurrant bushes from 3 to 2 (or even 1?)

Off to bed now to try and relax my aching neck and shoulders...

xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment