Wednesday 25 June 2014

Painting ongoing...


I can't believe how many days have gone by without me pausing for breath, never mind having time to write! Fear not, I have not been slacking, lazing around in the sun or generally expiring in the heat...honest.

Frenzied weeding in the evenings (the only time cool enough to contemplate such strenuous activity in the garden) and hours (and I mean hours) of watering.  The waterbutts have all been emptied, we have used the well! And even had to resort to the dreaded hose pipe just before the weekend to give the veg patch a good soak or risk losing the whole crop in this mad hot dry period.  I expect I will regret that when the water bill comes in, but what else could I do?




Daytimes have been taken up crawling around nibbling away at the painting of E's room - no photos yet as coats of paint drying don't make for very interesting photos!  But fingers crossed the big reveal shouldn't be that far away now - it better not be, I've got L's room to do too before school finishes in 4 weeks time...

Speaking of which, I'd better get off and start the glossing this afternoon while the weather is still so nice and good for paint drying!


(Today's photos are not of my garden, sadly! but of the garden of my friend whose pots and conservatory I'm in charge of keeping alive at the moment while she suns herself on holiday.. I captured a few of my favourite corners to keep the inspiration alive while I hide indoors from the heat..)

No comments:

Post a Comment