Thursday 27 March 2014

Mission fruit patch continues...

I had a lovely visitor this morning, come to see the new pad, so I didn't get out into the garden until after lunch.  However, undeterred I slogged on with the weeding of the raspberry rows.  Here's the photo so far:

I am feeling rather disappointed that I haven't finished the weeding yet - for some reason I thought I would have the time to get on to pruning the big redcurrant girls today, but it was not to be.  This was largely because this southerly end of the fruit bed seems to be riddled with wild strawberry seedlings, creeping dead nettle and proper nasty nettles!  Grrr... much slower work.

Blossom just beginning to peek out of the branches of my greengage tree today.

Chicken coop due to be delivered tomorrow!  Things are definitely moving in the right direction, even if it's slow....

Things are sprouting in the greenhouse:


And I was lucky enough to sit having my tea break under the good ship magnolia...
Can't really ask for more x


No comments:

Post a Comment